Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2nd, 2010

 thanks Jan

Well, two years after my initial post and here I am..right back where I started in the Crescent City. Currently, I am dividing my time between my passions....fly fishing and architecture. 
I spend the majority of my day planning trips to get flyfishermen onto skiffs and deep into the marsh of southeast Louisiana. It seems a pleasant balance between using the brain and divorcing yourself from it completely. However, this is flyfishing we are talking about...not Nascar. The brain is always working on a lengthening list of questions. 
The more you know about the fish you are after, the longer the list gets.  
It is a no win proposition if you are out to check everything off the list.
So this is the part where the two professions come together. 
 Omniscience is not the goal. 
 Asking better questions and knowing where to find the answers seems to be the key to success. 
I currently find myself hip-deep in that part of the day that drags like a spent muffler. 



Maybe you are too? If you are anything like me, maybe this will help


http://www.drakemag.com/videos/2009-films/242-slam

No comments: